Five years ago we set out to create an all-inclusive, motivating, and encouraging team to compete at various races around Minnesota. We enter 2018 as the Twin Cities' largest registered run club. Whether you're challenging for the win or hoping to finish your first 5K, we're proud to have you represent Mill City Running.
Mill City Running Race Team members enjoy these benefits:
- An exclusive Mill City Running Race Team singlet from team sponsor Nike
- A 2018 Mill City Running Race Team decal
- A 15% discount on all regular priced shoes, apparel, and accessories throughout the year
- Member only access to limited Race Team merchandise
- Several Race Team only parties and post race celebrations during the season including the 2018 Kickoff Party and our end of the year Prom.
- Guaranteed entry into the Medtronic TC 10 mile
- We aim to be a successful team, but we're aware that success can mean a lot of different things to different people. The goal is to provide a fun and supportive environment to runners of all abilities and celebrate everyone's victories!
- New for 2018:
- Race Team only long run on the last Saturday of every month
- Women of the Race Team run one Sunday a month
- Access to a detailed training plan oriented around the USATF Circuit Road Races
- Race Team 101 class for new and potential members
2018 USATF Road Race Circuit
Our goal is to have a team presence at all USA Track & Field (USATF) Minnesota Team Circuit races. The circuit is comprised of 11 races of varying distances throughout the year. While not required, we encourage you to run three Team Circuit races a year. Also, we welcome everyone to come cheer even when not racing. Running, racing and cheering together is the best way to get know your teammates!
In order to participate in the Team Circuit, team members must be a member of the USATF. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to also become a USA Track & Field member. USATF is the governing body of the sport of road, track, and trail running in the US. Being a USATF member guarantees your entry to the TC 10 Mile (bypassing the lottery) and provides discounts to most races on the circuit. To be able to score for the team on the circuit a USATF # is required. Signing up is easy - just follow the steps on the USATF website. To register, you need the Mill City Running Race Team number which is 30-0457.
- Saturday, March 10 - O'Gara's Irish Run 8K - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Saturday, April 21 - Fitger's 5K
- May (Date TBD) - Medtronic TC 1 Mile - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Monday, May 28 - Brian Kraft Memorial 5K USATF Minnesota Championship
- Saturday, June 16 - Grandma's Marathon - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Sunday, July 15 - Raspberry Festival 1 Mile
- Wednesday, July 18th - Torchlight 5K - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Sunday, August 5 - MDRA 15K - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Monday, September 3 - Victory Labor Day Races 10K - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Sunday, September 9 - Jeff Winter City of Lakes Half Marathon - USATF Minnesota Championship
- Sunday, October 7 - Medtronic TC 10 Mile - USATF Minnesota Championship
2018 Trail Races
Although there is no specific trail circuit we encourage our team to support the many wonderful trail races around Minnesota. The Mill City Running Race Team has a strong presence at the following races:
- Friday & Saturday, April 13-14th -Zumbro Endurance Run
- Saturday, May 19th - Superior (Spring) Trail Races
- Saturday, July 7th - Afton Trail Run
- Friday & Saturday, September 7th-8th - Superior (Fall) Trail Races
- Saturday, September 22nd - Surly Trail Loppet